Hudson Valley, NY Splash & Dash
What is Splash & Dash? Check out this video.
Splash & Dash is a fun and fast-growing sport that combines running and swimming and is open to youth athletes ages 7-15. There will be over 60 Splash & Dash events sanctioned by USA Triathlon in the United States this year.
Athletes are separated into two divisions:
- Ages 7-10 will swim 100 meters and run 1 kilometer
- Ages 11-15 will swim 200 meters and run 2 kilometers.
The swim will take place in the protected and shallow waters of Williams Lake and the run is an out-n-back on the adjacent Wallkill Valley Rail Trail. There will be plenty of lifeguards during the swim and plenty of course marshals monitoring the run. The entire race is off-road to ensure that the athletes are safe.
Young athletes will have an experience just like the pros as they sprint to the finish line. All finishers will receive a finisher medal and winners will receive a framed award.
Schedule: Friday, July 10, 2020 – Race Site: Williams Lake, 424 Williams Lake Rd, Kingston, NY
- 3 – 4:30 pm: Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for all distances
- 3 – 4:30 pm: Practice Swim Available
- 2 – 6 pm: HITS Fitness Expo
- 4:40 pm: Athlete Meeting for all Splash & Dash athletes
- 5 pm: Splash & Dash Race Starts – Ages 7-10
- 5:30 pm: Splash & Dash Race Starts – Ages 11-15
- 6 – 6:30 pm: Splash & Dash Awards Ceremony
Course Maps: See Splash & Dash maps for swim & run courses located HERE
Registration Fees: Located HERE
Check out THIS VIDEO